Experience Salina Presbyterian Manor
Salina Presbyterian Manor opened in February 1980 with a focus on providing health care and independent living for seniors. It soon became clear that an option for seniors who needed some assistance but who did not need skilled nursing care was needed, and Salina Presbyterian Manor built assisted living accommodations.
Salina Presbyterian Manor continues to evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of seniors in Salina, Kansas, and the surrounding area with the addition of townhomes, memory care, recreational opportunities and other services to assist seniors to live the way you want to live.
Residents play a vital role in shaping the lifestyle at Salina Presbyterian Manor. Each living level is represented by a resident council. Its purpose is to provide a means for all residents to share ideas, concerns and suggestions with administration and department directors. The council underscores the residents’ responsibility for their own well-being and upholds resident rights.
Independent living resident council members serve as chairs of council committees. The council is comprised of one member from each townhome court (three), one member from each floor in independent living (seven), and one member from assisted living. The representatives elect a president and president-elect every year.
Independent living council committees include:
- Hospitality committee calls on new independent living residents, presenting them with a welcoming gift and provides them with information about their new home including schedules of activities and transportation.
- Activities committee provides input on activities planning and disseminates information to residents.
- Food bank committee collects and delivers food products and other needed items such as bags and containers to Salina Emergency Food Bank.
- Library committee helps purchase, document and maintain materials in the on-site manor library.
- Hostess committee arranges for hosts and hostesses for manor activities and special events.
Since its founding in 1949, our parent company, Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America, has grown to become one of the nation’s top 20 largest non-profit senior living organizations serving more than 2,500 residents in 17 Kansas and Missouri communities.
To learn more about Salina Presbyterian Manor, give us a call.