Worship however they choose
During the year, our Chaplain leads special worship services during Lent, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. In addition, on the Wednesday following Memorial Day we hold our annual Memorial service.
Each Thursday our Stitch and Pray group meets to make our Prayer Pillows, which are given to new residents and upon request, they are also given to family and community members undergoing difficult times. We also make a smaller version that we donate to a local cancer Tote Project at Tammy Walker Cancer Center.
A Grief and Loss Support group meets monthly and several times a year the chaplain offers a Bible Study.
Visiting Salina area clergy includes:
- Pastor Doug Birdsong, Grand Avenue United Methodist Church
- Vivian Cassel, lay person First United Methodist Church
- Pastor Ed Foster, St. John’s Lutheran Church
- Pastor Kent Happel, Immanuel Lutheran Church
- Pastor Dennis Kootz, Trinity Lutheran Church
- Father Larry Letourneau, retired
- Father Leroy Metro, retired
- Pastor Martha Murchison, Sunrise Presbyterian Church
- Pastor Basil Price, Christ Cathedral Episcopal Church
- Pastor Eric Rook, First United Methodist Church
- Pastor Charlie Smith, First Presbyterian Church
- Pastor Laura Smith, Assaria Lutheran Church
- Pastor David Strommen, Redeemer Lutheran Church
- Pastor Tara Thompson, Belmont Boulevard Christian Church
- Pastor Ken Trickle, retired Methodist
- Pastor Don Schroeder, retired Presbyterian
Catholic services are held Thursdays at 10 a.m.
A Bible study group from the Salina community meets every Thursday at 1:30 p.m. in the conference room. The group is not affiliated with any church, and Presbyterian Manor residents are invited to attend.
In addition to regular weekly worship services, we hold an annual memorial service as well as a number of other special services around the Christmas and Lenten seasons.
A Stitch-and-Pray group meets in the chapel every Thursday at 3 p.m. to craft prayer squares, shawls and comfort pillows, giving them to people who are ill or grieving. Stitch and Pray often provides outreach to the community. We also offer grief support, and Care and Share services.