Salina announces Art is Ageless® 2020 winners
Salina Presbyterian Manor recently hosted a reception for the winning artists in the annual Art is Ageless® juried competition.
“We are honored to exhibit artwork by seniors,” said Melissa McCoy, marketing director. “Art is Ageless is unique in featuring only the works of artists age 65 and older. Our artists prove that art, in any form, is an ageless ambition.”
Winners in the Salina Presbyterian Manor Art is Ageless juried competition were:
- Best in Show (amateur): Julie Stanley, “The Farm” (top, left)
- Best in Show (professional): Stan Lauer, “The Hay Barn” (top, middle)
- Judge’s Choice (amateur): Marie E. Robinson, “Marvelous Marbles” (top, right)
- Judge’s Choice (professional): Mary Ann Tanking, “Daisy Garden” (top, left bottom)
- People’s Choice (amateur): Phyllis Johnson, “Santa's List”
- Christmas (amateur): Phyllis Johnson, “Santa's List”
- Christmas (professional): Stan Lauer, “Christmas Candles”
- Drawing (amateur): Joyce Roe, “Bunnies”
- Drawing (professional): Cary Brinegar, “Still Life – a la Cucina”
- Fiber Arts (amateur): Cindy Hoover, “Jungle Man”
- Fiber Arts (professional): Donna Morgenstern, “Dancing Couple”
- Mixed Media/Crafts (amateur): Julie Stanley, “The Farm”
- Mixed Media/Crafts (professional): William Andrews, “Walnut, Maple, Cherry Keepsake Box”
- Needlework (amateur): Kathleen Tremblay, “Midwest is Best”
- Needlework (professional): Martha Oakes, “Peace on Earth Table Runner”
- Painting (amateur): Dixie Lee Haddock, “Fancy Fish”
- Painting (professional): Mary Ann Tanking, “Daisy Garden”
- Photography (amateur): Lynda Ryan, “Scottish Road”
- Photography (professional): Dale Cole, “Reflections on the Danube – Passau, Germany”
- Quilting (amateur): Jan Brax, “The Red, White, and Blue”
- Quilting (professional): Martha Oaks, “Wooley Flower Sampler”
- Sculpture/3-D (amateur): Bob Wygal, “Crooked House”
- Sculpture/3-D (professional): Stan Lauer, “The Hay Barn”
Local competition winners will join winners from 16 other Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America communities to be judged at the masterpiece level. Winning entries at the masterpiece level are selected for publication in PMMA’s annual Art is Ageless calendar and note cards. The 2021 calendar marks the 40th anniversary for the Art is Ageless program.
Art is Ageless is a copyrighted program of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America. For the competition, works must have been completed in the past five years. Started in 1980, Art is Ageless is an extension of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s wellness programs, which focus on mental, physical, social and spiritual health.
Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s Art is Ageless program encourages Salina Presbyterian Manor residents and other area seniors to express their creativity through its annual competition, as well as art classes, musical and dramatic events, educational opportunities and current events discussions throughout the year.